Monday, July 2, 2007

Hello!

Hello! Is anyone out there?

I come from the cyber cesspool where everyone has their own little “space.”

Perhaps “cesspool” is too harsh. Aside from the sex freaks and bad press MySpace has received in the past year or so, I think it’s safe to say that Tom and his crew have done quite an impressive job in expanding their little social site. There are now a number of organizations, interest groups and corporations associated with MySpace (yes, I did get a kick out of the recent Simpsons Movie ads). But sometimes bigger isn’t always better. Things get lost in translation – things like blogging.

I started blogging on MySpace a year and a half ago. People read my entries, posted comments and wrote their own blogs in response to mine – exchanging ideas in a cultural kind of way!

But something happened. The site became a media circus and people like that Tequilla girl were receiving major press (and I’ll be the first to say she’s a complete moron with less talent than my chest hair). Almost overnight, the site became a haven for sexed up coke fiends, cheaters, no-talent hacks, super megastars and complete, total losers who only seem to post bulletins containing stupid chain letters or surveys. The blog as I knew it was drowning in an ocean of retardation.

As blog comments dwindled, I began to think, “Is it time to break away from this madness and join up with a more reputable site?” So to make an unnecessarily long story slightly shorter, I joined up with blogspot.

Now if this site loses its way, I guess I’m out of luck (unless I want to pay for a domain name).

2 comments:

Liz said...

hey!! I do surveys for the fun of it, ALONG w/ blogging. Who cares, bulletins can be filled w/ whatever the hell you want. You're not supposed to redicule your audience!!

Jon said...

Exactly - what audience?