Friday, January 1, 2010

Am I Out of (iPod) Touch?

While reading the November 2009 issue of Glamour (yes, I read it), I came across a section called “Couple Cam” which allows couples to share their latest romantic move. Duane and Pamela (who had been dating for two months when the magazine went to print) said:

Pamela: Every day I kiss him, hug him, hold his hand. The whole experience is pure romance.
Duane: And I just gave her an engraved iPod touch.
Pamela: He did! It says, “To a True Blessing, Pamela.”

What’s the matter with you, Duane? You bought her what may be the fanciest mobile device on the market – and you had it personalized with an engraving – after two months of dating? Doesn’t that say “desperate” and “shallow” all over it?

Has anyone else ever done this? Again, I may be out of touch, but this is a bit over the top.

No comments: