Monday, April 25, 2011

Baby Cake

After keeping the secret from our families for nearly a week, Laura and I decided to tell everyone that we did in fact learn of the baby’s gender during our last sonogram.

We shared the news by baking a cake and dying the inside either blue or pink. When it came time for dessert, the first cut into the cake determined the gender. The cake was pink.

It was a real surprise because many of us were convinced it was a boy (including me). But who really knows? Baby could have been tucking it back in an attempt to foil our preparations. (I’m obviously skeptical.)

But whether it’s a boy or a girl, I will love my baby… and I don’t need an ultrasound technician to tell me this.

4 comments:

Liz said...

I could have sworn it was a boy too! lol Especially after we both had the same dream on the same night! haha.. But I am really looking forward to the little girls arrival and many days where I take her to get ice cream, or make little crafts to give to her mommy and daddy while I babysit her ect! :0D

Lisa said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your baby girl. I am surprise -- I figured you would have a boy too.
All of us want to come up for a visit after the baby is born and not wait until she is all grown up. Do you have any names picked out yet?
-aunt Lisa-

Aunt Taffy said...

Jon and Laura,
congrats and no matter boy or girl you will love your baby and everything the baby does will be a wonder Jon I love your little stories!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah. M said...

Congratulations to You and Laura on your baby girl!! I am so happy for the both of you!! Yay! =)