Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Brief Visit to Clown Town

I saw something today that I don’t see too often: Clown art. (And by “clown art,” I mean paintings of people dressed as clowns… not sculptures created by clowns.)

I caught only a glimpse of the piece hanging on someone’s office wall. It looked as though a clown was walking across an empty void, just below five large clown heads. Perhaps this was the walking clown thinking about his other clown friends… or maybe the clown heads represented the founding clowns of America (if there is such a thing)?

Whatever the case may be, the painting was more than odd, and I immediately thought of those with an irrational fear of clowns. This freaky painting would surely send them to a psych ward. And I’m not a clown-fearing person, but I could see the painting’s horror potential.

This has been my incomplete thought of the week. Thank you.

No comments: