Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My First Day Back to Work

Today was my first day back to work with over eight hours away from Chloe. It was the longest we’ve been apart since her birthday a week and a half ago. Needless to say, it was a nice little break. Too bad I wasn’t sleeping.

And before you think I’m heartless, I’ll admit that part of me really missed her. I missed the way she sometimes tries to suckle my knuckles… the strange noises she makes from her pack ‘n play… and even the baby scent she gives off (which is a combination of ointment, diapers and laundry detergent). Sometimes this smell is so overwhelming, it gags me.

The day sure went fast though. In just a few hours, I’ll attempt to get three or four hours of sleep before the cries of hunger wake me. I’ll also make sure to shut my eyes extra tight as I try to avoid the intense glow of the most powerful night light ever created. (Thanks again for installing it on my bedside, Laura.)

Goodnight!

No comments: