Saturday, September 17, 2011

Night of the Living Dad

I changed a diaper this morning that smelled like old milk and bacon. It was interesting.

Anyway, I haven’t posted any “life with baby” updates for while since I’ve been searching for that balance between full time employee and dad. I think it’s actually going pretty well (thanks to my wife who is kind enough to take all nighttime feedings and changings during the weekdays).

But then again, there are days when I’m a dumb zombie, unable to hold a conversation, remember a conversation and recall the name of the person I’m talking to. It’s kind of like living through a dream; I’ll transition from one place to another without any recollection how or why I arrived there.

And on those zombie days, I usually develop a headache that either makes my head feel like it weighs 20 pounds, or produces a sharp pain in the very middle of my head; not just my forehead, mind you, but my three dimensional skull. Sometimes I think it’s my brain about to explode.

But these “days of death” are few and far between. In fact, Chloe actually slept through the night a few days ago (from 11:30 PM until 6:00 AM). This of course, was a fluke since she woke up twice the very next night.

I’m hungry, so I’m not going to wrap things up in a nice little package here.

And, unlike most zombies, I’m not craving brains for breakfast. I’m going for Wheaties.

No comments: