Saturday, September 3, 2011

Why Did I Have a Kid?

A few people have asked me this question. Here’s the answer: Life was getting a little boring and predictable. I mean, how often can Laura and I go to a restaurant, not get dessert, come home before 9:00 PM, watch Cake Boss in the living room and the Weather Channel while in bed before it starts losing its luster? And since no one ever wanted to hang out with us, we figured hey, why not create people to hang out with us. Makes sense, right?

My wife and I had a baby because we love each other and felt it was only natural to turn our love (an intangible feeling) into something physical and very real. And that’s beyond awesome.

Having a baby is one of life’s greatest experiences… but you can read that in just about any parenting magazine or birthing brochure in the country. I’ve only experienced the first week, and I know there’s much more on the way. But as for now, all I can say is that it’s life changing. Instead of “us,” there’s now “all of us.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blogs. Keep writing!

-Michelle